A National Panthic conference took place on Saturday 4th September at Guru Nanak Gurdwara Smethwick in support of the West Midlands 3.
The conference, organised by Sikh Human Rights, was attended by hundreds of Sikh Sangat from all over the UK with every major Panthic organisation in attendance.
Representatives from Sikh organisations spoke passionately about the need to halt the extraditions of the 3 Singhs, making it clear that they stand with the West Midlands 3.
India was criticised for its politically motivated extradition attempt and its historic and ongoing brutal treatment of dissenting Sikhs.
The majority of Gurdwaras and Sikh organisations across the UK and even America attended the conference, all expressed their commitment to support the West Midlands 3 and oppose their extradition.
The national Panthic conference was a powerful show of support for the 3 Singhs.
The conference made it clear that the Sikh community in the UK firmly stands with the West Midlands 3 and opposes their extradition.
Resolutions were passed at the conference which are outlined below.
National Panthic Conference Resolutions
- Each Gurdwara to get Sangat to write to their local MP raising their concerns
- Each Gurdwara/Organisation to sign a letter being sent to Priti Patel
- A peaceful protest to be held on Wednesday 22nd September 2021, first day of trial at Westminster Magistrates court
- Ban all Indian government officials from Gurdwaras, Nagar Kirtans and any Sikh events in their official capacity
- If the 3 Singh’s are extradited to India, all Conservative MP’s will be banned from Gurdwara’s, Nagar Kirtans and any other Sikh festivals
The Sikh Human Rights organisation would like to thank everyone for attending the conference.
A spokesperson said: “We urge the UK Sikh Sangat to attend and show support on Wednesday September 22 outside Westminster Magistrates Court in Central London.”